The Department is responsible for the administration of the Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989 and its Regulations and Determinations.
The following Legislative Instruments apply to the Registered Automotive Workshop Scheme (RAWS):
- Evidence Determination - Approval to Place Used Import Plates Guidelines 2006 No.1
- Placement of Used Import Plates
- Used Imported Vehicle Report (Vehicle Inspection Certificate)
- Procedures for Inspecting and Testing Used Imported Vehicles
- Registered Automotive Workshops - Fit and Proper Persons
The Australian Design Rules (ADRs) are national standards determined under the Motor Vehicle Standards Act and are available on CD-ROM.
They can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, telephoning 02 6274 7684.
The following is the Legislation and Regulations that apply to used imported vehicles:
- Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989
- Motor Vehicle Standards Regulations 1989
- Administrators Circulars
- 0-4-12 [k2] Certification of Campervans and Motorhomes PDF: 181 KB DOC: 86 KB
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010, formerly the Trade Practices Act 1974
- Procedures for the Recall of Vehicles and Associated Products with Safety Related Defects by Registered Automotive Workshops